Both methods of delivery are very effective
All sessions are conducted on-line (its easy, and effective).
When choosing a psychologist, the ‘fit’ is most important – working with someone that ‘you believe’ can help you, and/or that you quickly feel comfortable with. You can always speak with me prior to the first appointment to work this out. Its important that you begin with some confidence.
The reasons people choose face to face or technology are:
- People in remote areas, where services are not conveniently nearby are the most common, especially with the recent bushfires
- Even in Sydney, convenience for time-poor people is important – if they can save the time and expense of a commute (car or train) each time, many do.
- Beyond the convenience, the stress of driving through Sydney traffic leaves some frustrated, and not in the ideal state to do psychology work.
- Personal needs:
- Technology works brilliantly for all-ability people
- Certain anxieties make it difficult for people to leave home
So, make it easy on yourself, ‘work from home’ (if you can find the privacy).
Technology now does offer an effective alternative to meeting in person, and I have clients from within Sydney, around Australia and overseas, who are delighted with the outcomes.
Give it a try – even for one session – suss it out – see if it works for you.
All you need is a computer, and I’ll help you with the rest.