The purpose of these early blogs around languishing and starting something is to create a personal recognition. These are light on content, not to educate, but hopefully to needle a little, helpfully. To give courage to those, conducting their own private negotiations on how well they are going. To recognise that if they are having the negotiation, then they are the ones this is for.
A bad day is a long way from a slump. A slump is a long way from a disorder. A slump is normal, as long as you come out of it. How long have you been in that slump?
Ask yourself the questions… “when was the last time I….?” and fill in the blank:
- laughed loud and long;
- exercised to a sweat;
- felt deeply content beside your partner;
- went a week without alcohol (just to see if you can);
- learned something totally new;
- planned your eating;
- spent great time with your kids, on their terms
- was thrilled by your work;
- did something you didn’t want to do, but did it anyway, because you knew it matteredThese are the normal life challenges and rewards. None of them are essential, but all of them are healthy.
How satisfied are you right now? Or are you conceding, perhaps, some things could be better… you know, I’m not at my best, but things are ok, its not urgent.
Its you – you’re the one I’m after. Life can be better than you dreamed possible.